Simplify deployment and operations of an industrial private LTE/5G network
Led by Zeetta, the project showcases how 5G features such as neutral hosting and network slicing can be applied to transform a private 5G network into a dynamically reconfigurable network able to support a wide range of applications (URLL/eMBB/MMTC) including industrial applications of Augmented Reality/Virtual Reality (AR/VR), asset tracking of time sensitive materials and automated industrial control though IoT monitoring and big data analytics.
Such a dynamic network enables new business models and creation of bespoke virtual networks tailored to specific applications or use cases.
Key project information
- Project Budget: £9 million
- Supported: Department of Digital, Culture, Media & Sport and
West of England Combined Authority
- Funding Programme: 5G Testbeds and Trials Programme
- Lead Partner: Zeetta Networks
- Project Partners/Participants: National Composites Centre, Mativision, Plataine, Siemens, Solvay, Telefonica, Toshiba and University of Bristol
- Start date: February 2020
- Duration: 26 months
How Zeetta can help?
Zeetta’s products Visualise, Optimise and Automate are used in the 5G-ENCODE project to:
- Generate the aggregate topology of the entire view of the entire local area network network including the LTE/5G RAN devices, EPC, Wi-Fi access points, IoT devices (connected to either LTE/5G or Wi-Fi network) and user smartphones as shown in this screenshot
- Provision and manage network L2/L3 services across the entire network including LAN, wireless LAN (Wi-Fi) and LTE/5G networks
- Create and manage network modes and introduce programmability in the network operations