Line Manager: Lead Researcher/Head of Engineering
Zeetta Networks’ NetOS® platform transforms networks into an interactive programmable platform for better control, improved efficiency and enhanced performance of infrastructure. Our vision is to allow enterprises, cities and network operators to scale up the capabilities of their networks, and to satisfy the demand for data without escalating CapEx and OpEx costs. Our main product is NetOS®, a platform for 5G Services.
Zeetta Networks is looking for people from all backgrounds to join its fast growing team in Bristol, UK. We provide an environment that empowers team members to own end-to-end deliverables, with support for growing your capacity to address ever more challenging technical goals.
The role of the SDN and NFV R&D Engineer is to take responsibility for leading and delivering on the commitments of Zeetta Networks for various EU and UK government funded research projects. This will include contributing to the requirements, solutions architecture, design, development and delivery of NetOS® based proof of concepts (PoCs), in a timely and effective manner, in research labs or field trials.
The role responsibilities encompass working closely with product development team, customers and R&D project partners, attending regular project meetings, both by teleconference and in person, travelling from time-to-time.
- Own requirements, solution architecture, design, implementation and execution of PoCs and R&D trials
- Own and lead contributions from Zeetta into EU and UK government research funded projects
- Distill requirements from research projects into product roadmap as NetOS features
- Understand NetOS® and contribute to development of its features for supporting PoCs and and R&D trials
- Communicate and collaborate with stakeholders across product management, architecture, product delivery and customers to ensure effective knowledge transfer between R&D and product development
- Develop high quality software in an efficient and effective manner
- Deliver within time and budget constraints
- Ability to take responsibility for outcomes and to seek help as appropriate
- Effective and direct English written and verbal communication
- Good team working skills that encourage collaboration
- Keen to work in a startup environment where his/her role will have a direct impact on the customer
- Work in compliance with the GDPR, Codes of Conduct, Regulations and policies of the organisation and its commitment to equal opportunities
- Ensure that output and quality of work is of a high standard and complies with current legislation and standards
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A BSc/MSc, or equivalent qualification, in computer science, computer or electrical engineering or related fields
- Experience as a researcher and/or with contributing to EU or national government research projects
- 3+ years of experience with software development in Java or Python.
- Experience of installation, configuration and development with network devices from vendors such as Cisco, Juniper, Ruckus and similar
- SDN/NFV technologies, including ODL, ONAP, OSM, KVM, NETCONF/YANG, OpenFlow, Open vSwitch and related technologies
- MEF Lifecycle Services Orchestration (LSO) specifications, APIs and data models
- Network management technologies including EMS, NMS and OSS/BSS systems in general
- Familiarity with Git, Slack, Jenkins, SonarQube, Nexus and the Atlassian tool suite
- Open Source software tools, libraries and development processes
We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package including, pension, private medical insurance and possible stock options.
We invest in our people by offering training, career development and great team members to work with.
If you are interested in this role please either send your CV to our HR Director, Louise Brennan, at firstname.lastname@example.org or email Louise for more information.