Department/Team: Front End Development
Line Manager: Senior GUI Engineer
Zeetta Networks’ NetOS® platform transforms networks into an interactive programmable platform for better control, improved efficiency and enhanced performance of infrastructure. Our vision is to allow enterprises, cities and network operators to scale up the capabilities of their networks, and to satisfy the demand for data without escalating CapEx and OpEx costs. Our main product is NetOS®, a platform for 5G Services.
Zeetta Networks is looking for people from all backgrounds to join its fast growing team in Bristol, UK. We provide an environment that empowers team members to own end-to-end deliverables, with support for growing your capacity to address ever more challenging technical goals.
The role of the GUI Developer is work within an Agile development methodology to support the technical implementation of NetOS® based system GUIs, working in partnership with a GUI designer. The role responsibilities encompass working closely with the product development team, customers and project partners to help implement an holistic approach to NetOS GUIs that meet diverse customer needs.
- Take ownership of GUI applications and be responsible for their technical architecture and implementation
- Develop new features for Zeetta’s new and existing GUI products
- Work with, and provide feedback, to UI designers and stakeholders to realise the vision for NetOS
- Work with core platform architects and developers to help define an API first approach to support GUI applications that are based on open platform APIs
- Ability to take responsibility for outcomes and to seek help as appropriate
- Effective and direct English written and verbal communication
- Good team working skills that encourage collaboration
- Keen to work in a startup environment where his/her role will have a direct impact on the customer
- Work in compliance with the GDPR, Codes of Conduct, Regulations and policies of the organisation and its commitment to equal opportunities
- Ensure that output and quality of work is of a high standard and complies with current legislation and standards
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A BSc, MSc, or equivalent degree in computer science, computer engineering, or similar field
- 3+ years experience in developing web interfaces using standardised web technologies
- 2+ years experience with Node.js (https://nodejs.org/en/), NPM (https://www.npmjs.com/), and associated development tooling
- 2+ years experience in using Linux, Unix, or macOS systems.
- Any experience with Vue.js (https://vuejs.org), Flux (https://facebook.github.io/flux/), or Webpack (https://webpack.js.org/)
- Familiarity with Git, Jenkins, SonarQube, Nexus and the Atlassian tool suite
- Any experience with containerisation tools such as Docker or Kubernetes
- Open Source software tools, libraries and development processes
- Agile software development methodologies
- Experience of installation, configuration and development with network devices from vendors such as Cisco, Juniper, Ruckus and similar
- SDN/NFV technologies, including ODL, ONAP, OSM, KVM, NETCONF/YANG, OpenFlow, Open vSwitch and related technologies
- MEF Lifecycle Services Orchestration (LSO) specifications, APIs and data models
- Network management technologies including EMS, NMS and OSS/BSS systems in general
We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package including, pension, private medical insurance and possible stock options.
We invest in our people by offering training, career development and great team members to work with.
If you are interested in this role please either send your CV to our HR Director, Louise Brennan, at email@example.com or email Louise for more information.