Department/Team: Assurance and Test Engineering
Line Manager: VP of Engineering
Line Managing: approx. 7 Engineers
Zeetta Networks’ NetOS® platform transforms networks into an interactive programmable platform for better control, improved efficiency and enhanced performance of infrastructure. Our vision is to allow enterprises, cities and network operators to scale up the capabilities of their networks, and to satisfy the demand for data without escalating CapEx and OpEx costs. Our main product is NetOS®, a platform for 5G Services.
Zeetta Networks is looking for people from all backgrounds to join its fast growing team in Bristol, UK. We provide an environment that empowers team members to own end-to-end deliverables, with support for growing your capacity to address ever more challenging technical goals.
The role of the Assurance and Test Lead Engineer is to recruit, develop and coach a team of engineers responsible for the overall Assurance and Test deliverables. The deliverables include:
- The system test strategy, combining automated and manual approaches, with an emphasis on efficiency and scale.
- Test plans and tests, produced by feature developers, and facilitated, reviewed and approved by the Assurance and Test Engineering team.
- Design, development and delivery of the framework and tools that will be used to host system tests that will efficiently and scalably demonstrate that NetOS® based systems function correctly, in a form suitable for use in customer environments, by field engineers and within the feature development process.
The role responsibilities range from working with product management, development and field engineers, to understand how to assure and test system capabilities, through to design, implementation, delivery and support of technologies to demonstrate that the system is functioning as required.
- Recruit and develop a team and coach people to exceed their own expectations
- Communicate and collaborate with stakeholders across product management, architecture, product delivery and customers to ensure effective and relevant assurance and test capabilities are delivered on time and with the required level of quality
- Understand the system end-to-end, including the dependencies on third party systems and components
- Coach engineers in assurance and test planning, design, implementation and delivery
- Define the system test strategy, including appropriate quality metrics, automatically testable system behaviours, automation techniques and tools.
- Work with product management, field and development engineers to plan the system test for specific releases and for specific project deliverables, based on the test strategy and release/deliverable requirements
- Coordinate resources for implementing the system test plans, which will include Zeetta core resources, as well as those from partners and customers
- Guide and facilitate the implementation of system tests by specific feature owners
- Ability to take responsibility for outcomes and to seek help as appropriate
- Effective and direct English written and verbal communication
- Good team working skills that encourage collaboration
- Keen to work in a startup environment where his/her role will have a direct impact on the customer
- Fulfil line management responsibilities including personnel reviews, performance assessment, and other statutory duties
- Work in compliance with the GDPR, Codes of Conduct, Regulations and policies of the organisation and its commitment to equal opportunities
- Ensure that output and quality of work is of a high standard and complies with current legislation and standards
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A BSc/MSc, or equivalent qualification, in computer science, computer or electrical engineering or related fields
- 3+ years of experience in leading automated system test and/or as a development team lead
- 5+ years of experience of Unit and System test techniques using Java, Python, Robot, Selenium, Jenkins or similar technologies.
- Familiarity with tools including Git, Java, Python, Jenkins, SonarQube, Nexus and the Atlassian tool suite
- Open Source software tools, libraries and development processes
- Engineering experience installing, using and maintaining test tools in the telecommunications and IT domains
- Experience of installation, configuration and test of network devices from vendors such as Cisco, Juniper, Ruckus and similar
- SDN/NFV technologies, including ODL, ONAP, OSM, KVM, NETCONF/YANG, OpenFlow, Open vSwitch and related technologies
- MEF Lifecycle Services Orchestration (LSO) specifications, APIs and data models
- Network management technologies including EMS, NMS and OSS/BSS systems in general
We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package including, pension, private medical insurance and possible stock options.
We invest in our people by offering training, career development and great team members to work with.
If you are interested in this role please either send your CV to our HR Director, Louise Brennan, at firstname.lastname@example.org or email Louise for more information.