As 2018 comes to a close and industry pundits start to share their predictions for 2019, it’s fascinating to look back and see the immense changes that have already taken place within networking infrastructure in the last 12 months.
Disruptive innovation within smart cities has seen changes in priorities for governments as they increasingly see the value of what smart cities and truly integrated transport, communication, hospitals, and emergency services could mean for citizens.
Sports venues and arenas have felt ever increasing pressures to deliver more and more to their audiences, and have in many cases risen to the challenge – particularly with the increase of immersive content, whether virtual reality or augmented reality.
Industry 4.0 has started to normalise manufacturing utilising the Internet of Things (IoT), and cloud computing has enabled manufacturing and digital processes to work far more seamlessly (and at times, across countries) than could have been predicted before.
It’s no surprise that these are just some of the key themes that MWC Barcelona 2019 has highlighted as pivotal for 2019 and beyond. And at the heart of it all, Zeetta Networks has continued to deliver outstanding innovation to our partners, our customers, and our projects.
- At last year’s MWC, we were nominated for a GLOMO Award for our NetOS® technology.
- We provided some of the foundational software for a 5G world-first weekend-long event, Layered Realities.
- Our innovative technology was selected to be a part of the 5G RuralFirst Project to bring high speed broadband to rural areas around the UK.
- A collaboration between ourselves, Vodafone, ADVA, and Cumulus delivered a global first successful trial of a Facebook-designed open source Voyager device.
- The Global Telecom Awards shortlisted us for our pioneering work in the field of 5G network slicing and service provisioning.
- Our contributions to the 5G Smart Tourism project, led by the West of England Combined Authority and funded by the UK Government’s Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport, has demonstrated just how sensors and data slicing can support emergency services in protecting citizens in a smart city.
- We’ve partnered with Colt Technology Services to demonstrate our advancements in Blockchain based carrier marketplace at MEF18.
And yet we at Zeetta Networks are still hungry for more, with exciting announcements waiting in the wings for MWC 2019, which our Senior Team including CEO, Vassilis Seferidis, will be attending.
Will you be at MWC Barcelona 2019? Let us know here.